MicroPurify’s home Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) device is the latest generation of home hair removal machines. It’s salon derived IPL technology targets hair growth from the root of the hair follicle, safely destroying it and breaking the cycle of regrowth. With it, you’ll notice your hair growing back fine fast before halting altogether after week 8 for extended periods of time. With a huge 900,000 flashes stored, this device has enough for over 10 years’ worth of maintenance treatments – no refills, no hidden costs whatsoever. It’s the most.
The Forever Smooth Pro can be operated with 2 buttons and is incredibly simple to use. It also has the added benefit of Skin Sensor technology that ensures it only emits light when positioned correctly on your skin, so you can use it with the accuracy of a professional. Below is everything you need to do to complete the treatment successfully, including tips, tricks and precautions.
How to perform the treatment
- Shave the hair on your body or face
- Clean the flash window
- Put on the glasses to avoid glare
- Plug in the power and start the device
- Choose the most suitable intensity level for your tolerance and skin tone. It is recommended that you start slowly from the lowest gear to the appropriate gear
- Place the laser head on your skin at a 90-degree angle. The device should be resting flat on your skin, but the window should not be touching it
- Click once for a single flash and move to the next part, or hold the button down for a continuous flash, gliding it over the skin
- Once finished, you should cool the skin using a fan, cold water or a cold damp towel
- You can use a moisturiser or sunscreen to help your skin retain moisture after your hair removal
How often should you use?
Two treatments a week for 8 weeks will give you significant hair reduction. You’ll notice your hair growing back fine fast and in patches within a few sessions and halting altogether after week 8. Following this, you’ll only have to use the device once or twice every 4-5 weeks depending on your individual hair growth to maintain your hair free results.
Tips and precautions
The important thing to remember is that you have to be patient with this treatment as it’s not an overnight solution! The energy you’re using is less powerful than at a salon, hence why you can get it at a fraction of the cost. It is the same technology however, and does work, you just need to be consistent to see results. It’s also important to note that not all hairs are treated at once, as laser/IPL only treats hairs in the first of 3 phases of hair growth. On average, it takes around 8 weeks to treat 80% of hairs.
Last but not least, you should determine the underlying cause of excessive facial hair before deciding on a removal method. For example, women who are pregnant often notice an increase of facial hair. You should speak with your doctor before using any hair removal method that uses energy, chemicals or drugs. Women who have high levels of androgens (a hormone, such as testosterone or androsterone, that controls the development and maintenance of masculine characteristics), may also experience excessive facial hair. In this case, a medical specialist could prescribe oral medications to less hair growth.
This may seem like a lot to digest, but home laser hair removal really is a simple process. In the end it’s just shave hair, place device flat on skin and flash. As long as you do this consistently you should see results.
Frequently asked questions
IPL devices direct controlled pulses of energy that are absorbed by melanin (the pigment that gives skin and hair its colour) in the hair follicle. Essentially, the energy heats the hair right down to the bottom of the root, safely destroying it without damaging surrounding tissue or skin, breaking the cycle of regrowth. The result is your hair doesn’t grow back as quickly, and you stay hairless for long periods of time.
It’s important to note that not all hairs are treated at once as IPL only treats hair in the first of the 3 phases of hair growth. On average, it takes around 8 weeks to treat 80% of hairs. IPL is proven safe and effective technology, with consistent use, it can help prevent your unwanted hair from reaching the surface and give you smooth skin for a lifetime.
Yes, DO NOT USE on:
- The scalp, eyebrows or anywhere near or around your eyes.
- The nipples or genitals. These areas are sensitive, have darker skin colour and/or greater hair density. Using the device in these areas may cause discomfort/pain or injure your skin.
- Dark brown or black spots such as freckles, birthmarks, moles or warts.
- A tattoo or permanent makeup in the treatment area.
- On the same area more than twice per week.
You should notice your hair growing back much finer within the first 4 weeks, and 80% of your hair removed within 8 weeks. This is because the hair growth cycle includes different stages. IPL technology is only effective in the hair growth stage, but not all your hair grows at the same time.
To maintain your results and treat the outstanding hairs, simply repeat treatment every 4 to 6 weeks. (Note: Time between treatments may vary based on your individual hair regrowth). Complete hair removal can be achieved in 12 weeks.
The device isn’t as powerful as professional hair removal equipment. It is however, effective in removing hair and much cheaper, it will simply take longer to get rid of the hair.
Yes, you need to use dark protective glasses while using the IPL hair removal machine.
You might feel a slight twinge doing some of the hairs, however, this will vary depending on how much hair you have, how coarse it is and your skin tone.
No, use the device as follows:
1) Twice a week for the first 8 weeks;
2) Once a month from the eighth week to the twelfth week.
No, there are enough flashes for up to 10 years of use. Simply replace the product when the flashes are up.
It is strongly advised that you check for an adverse reaction by conducting a skin test 24 hours in advance of your first hair removal procedure, even if you’ve used similar devices before.
The patch test process
- Use the device on a small area of skin on the inside of your upper arm. Start from a low energy and gradually move to a higher setting. Apply the pulse 1-2 times in the same place.
- On slight discomfort, use the product again on a lower intensity, however, if discomfort continues, cease use.
- After 2 hours, if you feel redness, burns, stabbing pain or other symptoms, cease use and consult a doctor.
Absolutely, the IPL device treats the hair follicle, and has the same effect on both men and women.
Yes, the area must be shaved and cleaned before treatment, but eventually hair will grow back at a much slower rate and you will only need to shave once a month at most.
It is not advisable to wax the treatment area as the device works by targeting growing hair.
The IPL window is approximately 1cm high and 5cm long.
No, the device does not require a conductor gel.
Just once, no more than twice during one session.
It is not advisable. IPL is less effective on darkened skin. Your skin should also be free of moisturisers and other products.
Yes, it is recommended that you avoid direct and prolonged sun exposure on the treatment area for 48 hours before and after your IPL session. Sunlight can undo improvements or at worse cause hyperpigmentation. If you do go out in the sun, use SPF 50 sunscreen.
Yes, it is CE and ROSH certified.